Friday, October 28, 2005

Dear Abby

NEIGHBOR CAN'T CLOSE HIS EYES TO NUDE GARDENER NEXT DOOR


DEAR ABBY,

I am 76, my wife is 65. Our neighbor "Roy" is retired, but probably less than 60 years old. The fence between Roy's property and ours is 6 feet tall, but the wood has shrunk and there are gaps of about half an inch or more between the boards.

Abby, Roy likes to work nude in his back yard and has told my wife he does this. Otherwise, he seems like a decent fellow. He has given my wife nectarines from over the fence, which is as close as I want his naked presence to my wife. Roy insists he has the "right" to go naked in his own back yard. Unfortunately, my wife agrees, and tells me she's not looking. I have asked her not to accept any more gifts over the fence from Roy and to keep her contact with him to a minimum. Am I being foolish? How would you recommend I handle this?

-- TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT IN CALIF.

2 comments:

iCadian said...

This is hilarious! My advice is: Yes, while he has the right to be naked in his own backyard, he does not have the right to show his shriveled goods to his neighbours either. I would approach him and tell him to fix his fence and if he refuses, I would then talk to a lawyer or build your own fence beside it. Ewww he probably touched his privates before handing over the nectarines to your wife!! lol

iFred said...

i advise him to give other fruits and veggies like eggplant!